* 1 lb ground turkey (browned with garlic and pepper)
* 4 large bell peppers (Remove top, ribs and seeds)
* 2 cups cooked brown rice
* 1 cup of fat-free shredded cheese
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1 red onion (chopped)
* 1/2 cup mushrooms
* 2 tbsp garlic
* 1 cup tomato sauce
* 1 can beans (black or kidney)
* 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
* Jalapeno (optional)
* Black pepper
* 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the peppers in the boiling water and cook
briefly, just until peppers are a little soft. Remove peppers from the water and
place them on a plate lined with a paper towel, upside down so the water can
- Brown ground turkey with 1 tbsp of garlic and pepper. (Drain any excess liquid)
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, jalapeños, black pepper. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add rice, cilantro and pepper to mixture.
- Prepare a small baking pan with a light coating of nonstick spray. Place each of the
peppers up on the pan. Stuff each paper with the mixture.
- Add cheese to the top of the peppers.
- Bake for 20 mins.
Side dish: Sauté spinach in a tbsp of olive oil with garlic and pepper for 3 mins. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar.